Tuesday 30 September 2008

Movie Reviews: Amarcord, Disturbia

Amarcord (1973)


Gotta be the most boring movie I've ever seen. I'm going to avoid Frederico Fellini for a while. I do get that the point of the movie is for it's maker to show us his version of one year in an Italian town, replete with a disconnected but chronological series of episodes about the town's characters that are both dreamy and exaggerated. I also understand that each episode is entertaining in it's own way, and might be considered masterpieces. Yet, I find the film boring. I guess I like complete circular stories with a definite beginning, middle and an end as opposed to one man's reminiscences about the past.



Disturbia (2007)

Pretty good movie. Directed by D.J. Caruso. Suspense filled. Not bad at all for an average Hollywood thriller. Boy is under house arrest. Boy suspects neighbour. Boy gets friends to investigate neighbour. All hell breaks loose.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment