Monday 23 November 2009

The Best Thing About Flights


I had taken a 10 day vacation to the South in January this year, and day one saw me on an early morning Mumbai to Bangalore flight. Now I don't like flying but I try and make the best of it. It certainly beats long boring train rides.

And there are other perks. For example, you get to see one of the world's most crowded cities shrinking away before your eyes as your plane takes off; people, vehicles, buildings, streets and slums alike growing smaller and smaller until they resemble specs of dust.

What you see below is my attempt to capture this experience with a series of continuous pictures that I took from my window seat on this particular lift-off. Watch the city fade away. Let me know what you think.


























Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dave said...

Great series of shots, Its amazing how places look from high altitudes.

Daniel D'Mello said...

Thanks Dave, I like your site.

Post a Comment